Glenorchy Local Services
Glenorchy ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Glenorchy site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Glenorchy Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Glenorchy When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Glenorchy Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Glenorchy Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Glenorchy ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Glenorchy and a Place to Meet
The glenorchy.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Glenorchy
Interesting Facts About Glenorchy, Tasmania
Glenorchy is a charming suburban city located in the Australian state of Tasmania. Known for its breathtaking natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, Glenorchy is home to several notable landmarks and attractions. Here are some interesting facts about this wonderful city:
1. Glenorchy is named after a village in Scotland. The name is derived from the Scottish Gaelic word "glean" which means valley and "urchaidh" which means place of the boar.
2. The city is situated at the foothills of Mount Wellington and surrounded by beautiful lakes, rivers, and forests, which make it a perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
3. Glenorchy has a rich cultural heritage which is reflected in its many museums, art galleries, and heritage sites. The Glenorchy Art and Sculpture Park is a popular attraction among tourists and locals alike.
4. The Tasmanian devil, an endangered species of marsupial, can be found in the wild in Glenorchy. The city is also home to other unique wildlife species such as wallabies, platypus, and echidnas.
5. The Royal Derwent Hospital, located in Glenorchy, was once the largest mental hospital in the southern hemisphere. The hospital closed in 2001, but the site is now being redeveloped into a community hub.
6. The city is home to several festivals and events throughout the year, such as the Tasmanian Craft Fair, the Glenorchy Carols by Candlelight, and the Taste of Tasmania festival.
7. Glenorchy is a popular destination for fishing, with several lakes and rivers in the area known for their trout and salmon.
8. The city has a thriving arts scene, and is home to several artists and art collectives. The Moonah Arts Centre and the Rosny Barn are popular venues for exhibitions and performances.
9. In 1967, Tasmania's largest earthquake, measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale, occurred near Glenorchy. The earthquake caused widespread damage and was felt throughout the state.
10. Glenorchy is only a short distance from Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania. Visitors to Glenorchy can easily explore Hobart's many attractions, such as the Museum of Old and New Art and Salamanca Market.
If you're planning a trip to Tasmania, make sure to add Glenorchy to your itinerary. With its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and interesting attractions, this city is truly a hidden gem.